The 2nd Annual Champions Challenge will take place on May 16, 2019 from 5:00pm-7:00pm at Meadowcreek Golf Course (1440 Pen Park Road Charlottesville, VA 22901).
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE:
Up to 10 participants (Encouraged 5 Male and 5 Female) from each school or organization can compete in this fun-filled challenge based on their performance in The National School Program or DRIVE activities held during their physical education classes or afterschool programs. All participants should be in 3rd grade or higher.
ABOUT THE CHALLENGE:
The event provides an opportunity for participants to apply The First Tee Nine Core Values, The First Tee Nine Healthy Habits and the golf skills that they have learned through their PE classes and afterschool programs to a green grass golf facility. Participants will receive shirts to wear the day of the event.
- The Champions Challenge will be held from 5:00pm-7:00pm on Thursday May 16, 2019
- Registration/Check-In will begin at 4:30pm
- Schools and partner organizations will be put into teams of 10 to represent their team
- Teams will compete and earn points on a 9-Hole SNAG Challenge Course.
- Awards will be given to the winning school/team
- Participants should be chosen by the PE teacher/Program Staff based on the student’s exceptional character and enthusiasm for The First Tee program. Golf skill is not a priority!
- Each school is required to provide one adult representatives (PE teachers are encouraged to be the representative) who will lead their team through the course. The First Tee can provide the volunteer leader if the PE teacher/staff is not available due to other conflicts.
- Parents/Guardians are responsible for participant’s transportation to and from the event unless arranged by your organization.
- Parents/Guardians are encouraged to attend the event and cheer for their students/schools.
To confirm your schools or organizations participation, please email Bruce Blair at email@example.com.
School and Organization Commitments are due on April 8.
Student information is due by April 29, 2019 (Must sign up by now to receive a t-shirt)
For Questions, Contact: Bruce Blair, Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.